Haylon. We still have a system like that at work for some reason (the current excuse is that there is an I/O board in there for a current loop system) left over from the days when a VAX lived in there.

We are required to evacuate the building if it ever goes off, Halon is a chloro-fluorcarbon of some sort, and once you breath it in, it's very difficult to get it back out of your lungs -- very dense. NASCAR and Indycar racing had a couple fatalities with it in the 60's or early 70's and quit using it in race cars -- tended to extinguish the driver along with a fire.

Pretty funny that most smartphones have an order of magnitude better processor performance than a DEC VAX.

Peter