Anyone know of a simple-to-follow, easy to obtain, page(s) of instructions on
dealing with my "other Mercedes", a 72 Ford F250 360/390 cdi two barrel carb?

By way of background (in case one or more of you has experience in this, or
enjoys hearing about another's misery), this rarely used camper had become
impossible to start when cold and sitting for awhile (days, weeks) unless I
poured fuel directly down the throat of the carburetor. Once running, it was
fine. With this happening and getting worse for several years (having to pour
in more and more gas each time), and believing that the accelerator pump (?)
just wasn't squirting fuel in at start up, I bought a carb kit and replaced the
diaphragm on the front of the carb, near  where the fuel line enters. I found
the old diaphragm badly ruptured. It was a real easy one-screwdriver  job
replacing it. Now it starts up promptly with just a pump or two on the gas
pedal. Or sometimes I manually operate the lever on that pump to prime it.
Something else seems to be wrong. Am I right in believing that there is another
pump near the back of the carb? Is this one as easy to replace as the one in
the front? What are the proper names of these pumps? and when exactly do they
come into play? Is one of them for squirting extra fuel in when you press on
the gas pedal while it is running, to enrich the mixture? If so, this would be
the one I need now. Would a carb kit likely contain the parts for that "other"
pump? I want to get more information before I tear into the thing and mess
something up.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
 Oh, and Happy New Year!

Jerry