Have only had it a few months - too soon to tell.

The accumulators needed replaced and there is an intermittent issue where the
trunk wants to stick out the lifting handle when I start the car. It does not
pop open on its own anymore after I took apart and reassembled the latch
assembly so I can live with it until warmer weather.

It's our second W140. The longer body makes a noticeable difference in rear leg
room. There is no better vehicle for long road trips, but I still prefer the
body style of our 240d.

-Dave Walton