Mountain Man wrote:
RickK wrote:
Do I fly out and fix what I assume to be wrong (injector or glow plug) and hope
for the best?
Do I find a local to the car indy to t/s first?
Or do I contract a carrier to haul it home?

Decisions, decisions.

I got time to kill... if I can factor in to your possible alternatives.

There ya go. Pack up your tools and have Mao pick you up in his 240D.
Get a hitch put on it, swing by my place, I just repacked the bearings on my dolly a week ago. Take out the driveshaft and tow the 300D 2.5 home with the 240D. The drive back will be a real adventure. (no, I haven't put brakes on the dolly yet)

Mitch.