Believe it or not, I like to take my mats and beat them on the driveway by
holding them over my head with both hands and swinging them down onto the
driveway so they hit it as close to horizontally as I can get them.

Amazing how much crud this dislodges.

I do it until I can't see anything left from the "beating", then I use a
sweeper on them.

Crude but effective.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone