Then the question is, can you hear the motor spinning when trying to move the seat forward?

Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'87 300SDL (322,xxx mi)
'91 Dodge Ram 150 (290,xxx mi)

On 1/26/2012 8:20 AM, Scott Ritchey wrote:

" wiring in the door-hinge-tube"

Unlikely.  Same wires for fore and aft (reversed polarity).  But flex cable
can work itself out of the socket to the point it only works in one
direction.

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Luther's Benz
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:22 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] ..Seat problem.

Since the seat moves backward and not forward, I agree that it is most
likely the switch, or in a worse case senario, wiring in the
door-hinge-tube. Try contact spray (deoxit) in the switch and operate
the switch ~20 times. If that doesn't work, you will either be
checking wiring behind the door pannel or under the seat, or both.

Luther