One step at a time, one step at a time. The most complicated calc problem is done one step at a time, the most complicated anything is done one step at a time.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Booher" <edboo...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Stick 123 project for Clay

And you are wanting how much for this super engine that will end all my
problems?  It's drag and drop ready, yes? All parts already there and hung
on brackets? All I have to do is turnkey and go? One of my biggest problems
right now is working my way through the irrational fear I have about
working on the current engine. What happens if I get it apart and can't
figure out how to get it back together again?

I have a W110 I got from Allen I have the same fear with, I go out to
wrench on them, go to start and scream and run away going "What the Deuce
am I thinking?"

I have always learned through breaking things. The more complex, the better
I could break it. I doubt you've ever met anyone that can absolutely
destroy something the way I can, it's a gift. But once I've broken it, the
process of putting it back together is how I learn to do it better and
faster the next time. I am rubbish at learning how to do something from a
book. I just can't seem to bring myself to break either of these cars.

Oh well, maybe this spring.

EdB

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM, andrew strasfogel