I just had a look at the ubuntu site, along with some of the demo pics of
their OS.  It seems from the demo pics, that the LibreOffice icons are
displayed.  Not sure if that means ubuntu is bundled with LO ?

I really like the idea of a free open source OS, along with software that
works on the same principles.  Not that I mind paying for software at all,
but all this "phone home" stuff, constant updates, and linking my personal
info to various other sites MS, Google, and others might offer, is getting
to be a bit much I think.

I've love to scrap my Vista OS, and use something like ubuntu, along with
my firefox,  but being such a non techie guy, I have no idea how to do such
things to a PC.

As a side note, what are everyone's thoughts on what's going on with the
upcoming changes to Google?

Ed
300E