Scott Ritchey wrote:
A Subaru MPG observation.  I have a 2008 Outback with the NA 2.5L boxer
motor.  Plenty of power considering previous car was NA 300TD. With all the
rotating AWD stuff, this will never be an MPG champ; but conditions are
everything.  I get close to 40 mpg cruising at 50 mph on a country road
providing the engine is at operating temperature.

I suspect I'll never do that in a 4matic wagon. In the summer, I can hit 37-39mpg in a twin cam 2.4L Achieva at 45-65mph (that car does not care how fast you're going, as long as you're going fast enough to get it locked into 4th and you're not going over 65)

But I only get and somewhere in the low teens for the first mile or two when
the engine is
cold.

Takes the Olds 1-3 miles to get the trip average over 20mpg, depending on the weather.