> Rich Thomas wrote:

> We went over this some time ago, but I want to order one of
> these things, and if anyone has a suggestion on which would be
> best...
> http://www.etrailer.com/bc-1996_Chevrolet_C%2FK+Series+Pickup.htm

What sort of trailer? How many braking axles?

I have a flatbed that the weight varies _greatly_ depending on
load, so I like easy and repeatible adjustment.  If the weight
isn't going to change much, that may be much less of a factor.

I'm rather partial to the Tekonsha, so I would be reluctant to
spend my money on another brand.

I happen to also like the ability to manually apply the
trailer brakes.

A don't see much value in a numerical display - at least if
have never felt like I was missing anything without it.

The Tekonsha 39523 looks good.

Or the 39510, but I don't see how gain is adjusted.

Or maybe the TK90160.

But if your trailering tasks are different than mine, those may
not be the best choice for you.

> Going on my 96 Chevy pickup, I have a trailer with electric
> brakes. Truck currently wired for 4-plug trailer lights, I
> will get this to go with the controller
> http://www.etrailer.com/p-ETBC7.html

I am rather opposed do "Quick splice wiring connectors" in
exposed locations - like under the back bumper of a car!  They
are _not_ weather-proof.  Crimp butt splices are a better, but
I don't use those unless I fill them with grease first.  Then
they seem to hold up okay.

> I also need to get the controller to go in my Suburban, I
> believe it is already wired for the electric brakes (has the
> round connector) and just needs a controller plugged in
> http://www.etrailer.com/bc-2000_Chevrolet_Suburban.htm  I
> think these are the same units, just have the plug adapter and
> not all the install wiring the truck needs.

I use one controller for two vehicles since I have only one
trailer with brakes.  I just move it as needed.  A
quick-connect feature can make that easier.

--    Philip