The problem is that I don't have a boot able registered copy of winXP or 7, I own 4 versions of winpose, 95, 98, XPsp2 and now win7 but they are pre installed into the puters and the sys recovery discs won't work in VB. This is something of an annoyance but not entirely unexpected from MS, I have boot able 95 and 98 discs but the bastards are like banks, 'encourage' you to go to email statements, so you have to carry the cost of printing the statements, same with MS: "here is you're new OS and if you want to recover it at any stage, you have to make your own stinking discs" and in XP the turds only allow you to make one copy. Anyway, I found an iso of a win7 and got it to install and run in VB but it seems to be a 30 day trial version and as such it will be easier for me to just boot into 'my' XP and use quickbooks there, which is really the only reason I need wincrap, well I also have to log into the tax department to tell them what I have been up to every 3 months. I tried to install quickbooks via WINE but that is just about impossible for people who know what they are doing, so I have got no chance. Twas more of an 'see if I can do it exercise', rather than something I have to do, Fay doesn't understand that and is a bit mad at me cause I have bashing away at this for a couple of days. The mountain was there to be climbed and I fell off it, a couple of hundred meters from the top. However on a brighter side, Ubuntu 11.10 seems to be working pretty well for now, until I paste something stupid into the terminal.

Hendrik
who is pretending to know stuff about operating systems