rumor has it that Jim wrote:

> > If so, then it's not a _hard_ fix - if you can find a good used one.
> >
> > It took me about 2.5 hours to pull the "good" one out of a parts car,
> > and about 5-6 hours to do the full swap (old out, new in)
>
> A 126?  On a 107 the bar is up front, but on 126 it sure looks like
> the engine has to come out.  Maybe it doesn't, but I bet everything
> else under the hood does.
>
> -- Jim

Bother.

I'm guess I'm reading the posts too quickly....

*sigh*

I (correctly) "heard" that the mechanic made this for his 126 - but in
Dan's sig I missed the "S" in "300SD".

So I was reporting on my experiences with a W123.

It's not the same as a W126 - just in case someone was wondering! *grin*

            Philip, tripped 'cause I'm reading fast - trying to keep up!!