I finally decided I like the wagon. Got the rack boot from Rusty and installed it last week so I could start driving it again. Hydro oil is low, but it's been at the same level since I first noticed it 300 miles ago.

I put the scangauge in it and used it to take the kid back to her foster parents yesterday. Filled it at the same pump going there and coming back, put in 4.05 gallons for 127 miles, scangauge said 4.0 gallons, so I guess it gets along fine with the E320 computer without any calibration, and I'm happy with 31+ mpg at 60+mph, that's the best I've gotten from any Mercedes product, and a solid 25% better than the 190E. I can't detect any difference in spark advance or MPG as displayed on the scangauge when running 100% 93 octane or 2/3 93 octane and 1/3 87 octane. I'll just keep increasing the percentage of regular in the tank until the scangauge says it's retarding the timing, but I'll probably end up running it on a 50/50 mix, or just buy the midgrade stuff.

The autoparking passenger mirror and I still don't like each other, but I've learned that if I keep the mirror adjuster set for the driver's side it never activates. In theory, it's supposed to tilt the mirror down when you back up, and then tilt it back up when you drive off. In practice, it jams the mirror all the way down and leaves it there. Getting a close up view of some gravel with no part of the car in the picture does not help me to back up.