Looking at a 190E for what I feel is a "too cheap" price of $600. The
seller says the vehicle will start and run but usually needs to be
"coaxed" into doing so. Said something like the injection pump was bad
and that the repair was more than the car is worth?

Fuel pump?

What should I know about this so I go into this with eyes open? Is the
190E engine problematic? What questions should I ask?

Blown head gasket?  Saw a couple at auction that blew white smoke,
and were hard to get (and keep) running.  IMHO they sold for _way_
too much at that auction.  Four-digit prices.

-- Jim