My Grandfather ran a 2 1/2 ton truck during the war on wood gas. The rig and wood was on the truck bed and the truck pulled a trailer to carry the cargo. The helper rode in the bed and put wood in the burner when it was needed.

Putting the gas generator on a trailer wouldn't work very well as a pretty large hose is needed to connect to the intake on the engine. There also wouldn't be very much smoke from the generator in use as that is what is ingested by the engine at least while it is running. There may however be a bit more smoke from the tailpipe. I haven't had one running but I have done some looking into what it would take, even have some plans somewhere.

I'll vote for the drilling. If there were only some way to keep the companies from shipping the product out of the country I'd be real happy.

Manfred

Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 07:59:54 -0700
From: G Mann <g2ma...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wood gas. was: abuse of cars 2ejuremy

A wood gas rig might work better as a trailer since you need the whole bed of the truck to fit all the bits. I can see it now, 100,000 cars at rush
hour on the freeways of California with wood gas rigs steaming away,
hahahhaha... ahhhh the wave of the future... talking on the cell, sipping your latte`, checking your text msgs, and running the wood gas boiler,, all
at the same time getting to work on time... Road Rage anyone>>>???

:))).... let's just drill and pump,,, shall we? Vote early,,, vote often...