You're probably better off.  While she used to be a kick-*ss employer, with
things continuing to tank you would probably be the first one out the door when
the plug gets pulled (as I am sure it will at some point.)

Everything always works out for the best, according to my now deceased maternal
grandmother.  I've been attempting to prover her wrong for some years now, but
(fortunately) been unsuccessful.

Dan