Mine has a "new head" somewhere along the line, and idles poorly when cold (tach only work sometimes, I think it's the idle speed control), starts with a bump of the key most times, starts easily at 0F, and has 365,000 miles (or more, odo read 305,000 right now and the previous owner guessed 60,000 weren't recorded while it was broken).

It's fairly hard to wear them out if you change the oil.

The old one had 270,000, a cracked head, and ran like a top, used essentially no oil between changes.

Peter