Now that I am close to a computer I was able to find some examples:

http://www.amazon.com/Titan-22610-10-Inch-Electric-Polisher/dp/B000UOHZ7C

Here is a B&D that's a 6":

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-WP900-6-Inch-Polisher/dp/B000077CPT

I like my 10" model, as it covers a lot of area, which allows me to do a car in
relatively short time. I will usually apply the (3M Show Car Wax) by hand in
one section, then use the buffer to buff the wax out/off.  The areas I can't
get with the buffer are taken off by hand.

Using this method you can do a typical four door sedan in under and hour, easy.
 The ergonomics of this type of buffer are much better for doing large areas,
too, at least I think they are.

Just my $0.02.

Dan