relng...@aol.com wrote:
...So a bone stock, untouched off the production line, fuel injected split window
really would go over 160 mph?
That's what Mechanix Illustrated reported, but it just seems unreal. It's faster
than the 1984 Vette would go...

Actually, I don't know. I'm just saying that if ONE of them could achieve that speed, it would have to be the 360hp (SAE) fuel injected version. My 1963 300hp 327 Sting Ray convertible was all done at about 130mph. Base engine was 250hp. What is so special about a 1984 model?

Nothing special about it, just the first one since emissions controls that I saw mention in the press that it would do 150. And C4s were a lot more aerodynamic than C2s, weren't they?

BTW, I saw 9 Vettes in a row go by on M-66 this afternoon in the rain. One C4, the rest much newer. Must have been a club thing. Then when I turned off M-66, I noticed the car behind me was a 2wd 911.

Mitch.