The commutes may have gotten easier because of the economic downturn.

I never found snow clean up to be very good while traveling.  The last
experience was a snow that started while I was in PA heading to NH.  287
northbound was a parking lot.  Not a plow in sight.  NY was equally a
disgrace, and CT even worse.  The Mass pike was fine, but I-495, not so
much.