AC to DC power inverters are common and cheap nowadays. Anything more than 10 cents a watt is too much for average use. You can get 750 watts or bigger and run power drills and such. I run a 110 electric impact wrench, 4 inch grinder and many other things with mine. They have them now at most auto parts stores and WalMart stores. Xantrex is about the best I hear.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "TimothyPilgrim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Arctic-Q

Easy.

My parents have a 120V electric blower fireplace insert for their wood
fireplace. When the ice storm hit and they were without power for 3
days in the dead of winter, so my dad plugged the Radio Shack power
invertor into the 12V lighter in his Cadillac (with a 350 V8 of
course) and ran an extension cord into the house. Then he plugged the
fireplace insert into the cord. It didn't heat the -entire- 3500 sqft
house, but enough rooms that they could get by.

In Montreal, where power was out for weeks, they parked diesel
locomotives in the downtown streets to serve as generators for the
core buildings.

Tim
1982 300TD Moby

On 12/7/05, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
do tell more about this!!

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,