[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> <<OK Don wrote: Learn something new every day. I thought the newer systems
> had over 100psi in the rail>>
>
> You might say that. Common rail diesel fuel pressures range from 1350 BAR to
> 1600 BAR. Nearly 24000 psi.
>
> My old '78 300D's injectors popped at 1750 psi and that's decades ago.

Right, but we were talking about gasoline fuel injection, which
generally runs much lower pressures.  I'm only really familiar with the
Bosch systems, but they ran about 30 psi for L-Jetronic and its
derivatives, and about 90 psi for K-Jetronic (aka. CIS).  I don't know
what the new direct-injection systems are running.  It would have to be
higher to overcome the cylinder pressures.