I have been experiencing periodic delays in disk access on our computer
and have been looking at getting a replacement disk to forestall any
difficulties and also to upgrade from CentOS 5.8 to CentOS 6.2 without
taking our computer down for a protracted period of time.

In looking at disk reviews on Newegg, however, I see a lot of brands of
disks (WD, Seagate, Hitachi) with one-egg reviews and the title DOA.

Is there anyone who makes a decent disk these days?

Craig