Made one H*ll of a racket. Picked up from a P-N-P a original metal one
Roar gone on the way home.

Russ W.

On 5/28/2012 16:48, Gerry Archer wrote:
Yep.  Must be it.  Checked it again and the fan won't turn with
the engine stone cold.  Wound it up with the hood open and it
sounded like the roar was coming from the engine.
Thanks,
Gerry

Cooling fan clutch locked up?
Max Dillon
Charleston SC
'95 E300, '87 300TD

From: "Scott Ritchey" <ritche...@nc.rr.com>
Radiator cooling fan not disengaging?

On Behalf Of Gerry Archer
When I drive 60-65 mph the car roars, but it sounds normal at lower speeds and at idle. I can't find any holes in the pipes, resonator, or muffler;
and when I hold a piece of leather
over the tailpipe there is a lot of pressure and no exhaust appears from
under the car or from the
engine compartment.  Usually there is hole someplace, so this has me
stumped.
Thanks,
Gerry

-----