> ...No, but its a pain to have to change a timing belt every 100,000 miles
> for
> $500+ when a chain could last 300,000 - 1,000,000 miles...

Having read hundreds of posts about timing chains here and elsewhere over
the last 15 years or so, I do believe your mileage life figures are just a
wee bit optimistic.

Same for timing belts. On a non-interference engine it does not make much
difference as long as you don't mind hitchiking. As to the rest, the engine
can be destroyed and no sane person would go anywhere near 100K miles.

RLE