Craig <diese...@pisquared.net> writes:
I'm shocked at how much the price of tires has gone up the past
couple of years.

Everything is going up. When you get all those extra trillions of
dollars our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren have been
obligated to pay chasing the same amount of goods, the price of things
has to go up.

Yeah but it seems that tires have not just gone up, they've about
doubled since I last shopped (a couple of years ago).
Allan
1983 300D
1979 300SD

Tire Rack and similar websites seem to have the best prices, but around here at least, the dealers charge higher prices for mounting the mailorder tires such that little or nothing is saved by ordering them. I've seen several simple tire changing machines at Harbor Freight and other sources. Have you or others had any experience with them? I seem to remember prices in the $150 range for the machines which would be paid for after mounting two sets of tires. Balancing can be done by using a hub clamped in a vice and lubricated with very light oil. Did that in years gone by.
Gerry