Hank may be mellowing. I think I remember him asking a question about something he did not claim to know all about.

Randy

On 01/06/2012 10:50 AM, Dan Penoff wrote:
The crispy pancake reference goes back a long time to the Ritter list when
"Hank", G-d's gift to anything automotive or mechanical, took over
administrating the list. Maybe even before that point, as my memory is a bit cloudy
regarding the details.

Anyway, Hank pretty much knew everything about anything, and often regaled the
list about his experiences, some of which involved his service during WWII, and
many that involved pre-WWII autos, such as Packards.

One time after one of Hank's lengthy diatribes, someone on Banned used a web
site that allows you to create your own cartoon strips.

They made one up about Hank with a reference to how he used to cook pancakes
with crispy edges for the soldiers in Korea.

I have a copy of the strip on my desktop machine that I will post to the list
when I get home, unless someone beats me to it.

In context, it was funny as hell. Not having been around at that time, it loses
something in translation...

Dan who likes his pancakes crispy