So my wife calls me a little while ago, does a lunch errand, comes out and car won't start, seems like battery won't crank. This happened a week or two ago after the car had sat for a few days, I was thinking maybe a light was left on or something. Charged the battery, it has been fine, driven a few times. So I'm wondering whether it is the battery going flaky (it is getting warmer here, like 90F today) or maybe the alternator is not charging. She drove in this morning early (dark) which after starting would have run down the battery with the lights, then maybe enough left to start it to run the errand, then it is dead if not getting any charge?

Is there any way to check on the alternator without going to a shop or FLAPS? I guess I will have to do that anyway, they can see whether it is the battery or alternator or both. Not sure how old the battery is, I can't remember if I got a new one after we got the car 3 or so years ago.

One other thing, I changed the glow relay a year or two ago, so that should be OK and not sticking or something.

I had her jiggle the cable clamps, she said they were tight, still no startie. She has AAA so was going to call them for a jump, I will probably go into town with another battery from the other SD to get the car home if it won't start.

--R