Butterfingers combined with a laptop keyboard that I'm not used to
meant that I sent my long message about my car before I meant to.

> The usual long list of little things that have been jury-rigged
> because I didn't have time to fix them right

Nothing major here, just many small things that make the car, as my
younger friends say, a bit "janky"---torn door seals, electrical
connectors broken and taped, vacuum lines cracking and patched, a
broken driver's door lock (it can't be opened with the key, so I use a
Chinese fleaBay keyless remote that I wired in).

>  a set of 16" 500E wheels in average
> shape (which won't fit any 124 but 1

Which won't fit any 124 but a 500E without rolling the insides of the
fenders, I meant to say.  (Dunno about putting the 500E wheels on a
210 or some such.  Anyone know?)

And about that two-tone interior: mice got at the original gray seats
and ruined them.  I replaced them with dark blue ones from my 300E
parts car after thoroughly cleaning the carpets, door panels, and
headliner in the 300D.  No mouse smell left at all, and I kind of like
the look.  The driver's seat needs a new pad and maybe a new spring
box too, depending on your tolerance for a low, saggy seat and the
sensitivity of your hiney.

The car's been a faithful friend---only leaving me stranded once, when
the previous head (a #17 installed by the PO) catastrophically failed
in the middle of nowhere---but it might be time to let it go.  Is
anyone here interested?

Alex