Dan Penoff wrote:
That, or find someone with a sales tax exemption certificate or business
license and buy it from a local wholesaler.

Johnstone Supply wanted $1059 for my furnace that I got for $831 (before deducting a 6% coupon) shipped from an internet dealer in Florida.
I was rather surprised that wholesale was that much more than retail.

OTOH, the guys on an HVAC forum tell me that a Goodman dealer buys from Goodman for substantially less than I paid. Makes me wonder how the guys without a dealership who buy from the supply houses can ever compete.

Mitch.