Yup - that's the "gotcha" with that satelitte ISP. I wouldn't think the
VoIP would be a terrible amount of data, and the text would be less, but
then I haven't really looked at it that closely. QoS/latency would make
VoIP over the satelitte "different". You could try Skype to see what it
would be like.

OK Don
2001 ML320
2012 Passat TDI DSG