Re. "Inspection ever 100 hrs."

I don't know what your experience with FAA approved inspection cycles for
airplanes might be, so I don't wish to insult you. However, the driving
rule with 100 hr. [or any other inspection for that matter, Annual, "A''
check, "B" check, "C" check, etc etc etc] is that the machine be returned
to service with parts that meet or exceed original certified [by the FAA]
manufacturers specifications. Cost is never an objective concern in
reaching that apex of care, in aviation. If the part is only made and
certified from "unobtainium" , then the replacement part must also be...
etc.
Also, if it does not pass inspection, it is illegal to operate it [fly].

For a few perfectionist car owners [very few] this might work.. For the
common "auto user" mehhhhh... not so much..

The FAA Motto is after all:
 "We are the FAA and We are not happy until You are not happy"

Grant..
AZ