Yup.

If the foam bypass tube has deteriorated (broken down to dust and now missing)
between the air box and the thermistor in the dash, a piece of 1/2" black foam
pipe insulation will replace it perfectly and you'll even have enough left over
to use in another 20 years.

The easiest way to see is by taking out the glove box and looking up at the
bottom of the dash pad.  You can also use the "tissue test", which entails the
use of a small square of tissue that you place over the grille that covers the
thermistor in the dash while the system is running.  There should be a very
tiny bit of resistance when you remove the tissue caused by the air being drawn
in through the grille.  This works especially well in 124 chassis cars that
have the little "helper" blower at the base of the passenger side A pillar. The
124 grille is on the ceiling in the cluster of stuff containing the map lights
and sunroof switches.

Dan