Good luck, Craig.
Gerry

From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>
We are rooting for you!

I mentioned earlier (on the 9th, to be exact) about finding a position in
Hawaii.

The position I found is a senior electronics engineer with the W. M. Keck
Observatory. This position involves preparing equipment for the
Observatory's two 10 meter telescopes. The telescopes are on the top of
13,796 foot Mauna Kea on the big island of Hawai'i. The Observatory's
headquarters are off the mountain at Kameula, HI.

I did some revision of my CV, wrote a cover letter, and applied for the
position on 16 August (a week ago).

I had not expected to hear anything about the postion, but I received a
phone call today from a person in the Observatory's Human Resources
Department. We talked for 25 - 30 minutes. He said if they choose to
continue considering me, the next step would be either a call from the
hiring manager if he needed more technical information or a panel phone
call from 3 or so people around a speaker phone over there. This is
exactly what happened for each of the four academic telephone interviews
I had.

So, we shall see how things develop. Please pray about this position with
me.

Thanks,

Craig

-----