On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:06:45 -0400 Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
wrote:

> Doesn't sound like a technical interview to me.  Sounds like a very
> standard management interview.  Those "how do you work on a team"
> questions are straight off of any "top interview questions" list. Sounds
> like the HR guy either didn't know or misrepresented the nature of the
> interview.  Is he really in the Keck HR department or is he a hired
> recruiter?

As far as I know, he is really in the Keck HR department. He did make the
comment at the end of our first telecon that he had been a recruiter
preparing people for interviews.

> Nevertheless, I wouldn't give up hope.  Sounds like you hung in there
> and the fact that you had questions prepared is going to weigh in your
> favor.  A lot of people don't.

That was one of the things the HR guy suggested when he said he had been
a recruiter.

> And honestly, living in Hawaii sounds nice and romantic but when it
> really comes down to it not too many people are going to want to pull
> up roots and move THAT far away.

As I mentioned to Shirley's cousin, I was trying to be realistic when I
made the comment that Hawaii had some noticable drawbacks, not the least
of which were due to the fact that you can't drive there.

Craig