On 10/09/2012 2:38 PM, Fmiser wrote:
Randy wrote:

I would think you should take it in to a shop and have it welded.
Max Dillon wrote:

That would require removing the exhaust system, car out of
service for a day our two.  Can't afford the down time right
now.
I suspect that what Randy meant, was drive the car to the shop
and have them weld it right there on the car.

But I also suspect that the reason you aren't doing that because
of the nature of the task - removing "essential" components.

--  Philip

Not sure what it is like down where you are but around here, I have not had any real issue with that sort of thing. I don't know as though I would go to a dealer but there must be independent type places that would not batt an eye. Especially if you explained that you have been unable to find the proper replacement unit and this is a means of continueing to drive it while you look for the right one.

Randy