Is there a rash of 123, 124, 114, 126, and 201 Mercedes DIESELS out
there that are so highly tuned and performance driven that you need
nitrogen in your tires?  Is there a rash of flat tires out there that I
don't know about?   No disrespect, but this sounds crazy.   I do
understand if I am out driving around in a Nascar event I want to take
advantage of every possible scientific breakthrough.  It makes sense
that if I am running 180 mph. I don't want the air pressure in my tires
to change based on the temperature.  I get that, it makes sense. But,
holy cow does it make that much difference in your everyday 123/124 etc.
Mercedes diesel?

More importantly, why aren't you taking advantage of the other safety
precautions that are available to NASCAR drivers.  Who's going to be the
first to install a roll cage?  Does anyone have five-point safety
harnesses?  Speaking of tires - is anybody using racing slicks?  Now
that the weather is cooler, I guess we will all be more comfortable in
our flame retardant suits.

My plan has always been:

1.      Buy good tires.
2.      Don't run over things.
3.      Check the tire pressure when I change the oil.
4.      Glance at the tires when I am about to get into the car and see
if all four tires are there and appear moderately round.
5.      If a tire leaks - I replace it.
6.      If a wheel is bent/corroded/rusted/possessed by evil spirits and
it is causing the tire to leak, I replace the wheel.

Again, no disrespect, just being a smart ass.

Donald H. Snook