I broke my kneecap failing to ride a bike.  I got my son a nice mountain
bike at a yard sale for $5.  He says "Dad, the front brakes suck I can't
even do an endo".  To which I reply "bull@&85".  So I jump on and go pull a
perfect endo, land it and ride away.  Next thing I know I am riding from
the lawn into the driveway, the front wheel is turning 90degrees and I am
on my face in the dirt.  Bike appears fine, I have a 2 piece kneecap with a
3/16" gap running horizontal to my knee.
  Walked around on it for a few hours and got out Toni's crutches so we
could go see our good friends' band play at a party where after talking to
some close friends we came to the conclusion that crashing the bicycle was
just silly so the official story is that I crashed my Harley(I wouldn't own
a Hardly Ableson) at 130mph, runnin from the cops just to go to see my
friends play, crashed 4 miles away and crawled the rest of the way to the
party.  Sounds better, eh?  Stuck around for a couple hours, the went on
and it was time to go.  No amount of Honey Jack Daniels and Jager were
going to make it stop hurting.  Went to the ER instead of home.
  Xray tech was pretty shocked as she called out "Doc, you have got to see
this, his kneecap is broken right in half!"

Such fun.  Been riding dirtbikes all my life doin stupid stuff and I am
laid up from a 1mph crash on a bicycle in my yard.

Mike

It's getting better but keepi.g my leg stright for 3 weeks sucks.