andrew strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com> writes:

> I hooked up the MB Pro to our Sharp Aquos last night but nothing
> happened.  Here's my clown question:  Do I need to toggle on the MB
> Pro to get the video to transfer?  If so, is it shift-F8 like on my
> Dell laptop?

Normally it detects the connection of the display.  Does it show up in
the Display panel of System Preferehces?  If not, your external video
connection may be a dud.  Happened on my MacBook Pro, it just refused to
recognize any external monitors.  Had it serviced under AppleCare and
they replaced the "logic board" which I belive is the majority of the
computer.

Allan

--
1983 300D