I was thinking this too, Randy... especially with a D-jet car.  Its
interesting how a car can run with way too much fuel.

Maybe just a stuck cold start valve?  Could be lots of other things too...

The issue is that its dangerous for the engine.  Gas in the oil can ruin an
engine pretty fast if left unaddressed.

Good luck,
Jaime

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca> wrote:

> Is it running really rich?
>
> Your fuel "loss" or consumpton and the black oil makes me wonder if it is
> dumping way too much fuel into the engine.
>
> Randy
>

> On 10/10/2012 6:59 PM, clay monroe wrote:
>
>> One would think, but I have been keeping an eye on the thing looking for
>> leaks and drips while on the creeper for two hours.  Stuck a sheet of
>> cardboard under the car where the fuel lines go to see if there are drips
>> that end up on it.  I am beginning to suspect that somebody has siphoned my
>> tank and got 5 gallons of fuel
>>
>> clay
>>
>> On Oct 10, 2012, at 5:03 AM, Max Dillon wrote:
>>
>>  You lost a quarter of a tank?  Massive fuel leak somewhere?
>>> --
>>> Max Dillon
>>> Charleston SC
>>> '95 E300