Oh, and unless they have changed things, Steak 'n' Shake uses a concoction
known as "shake base" to make their shakes.  It's a form of ice milk that comes
in big frozen tubes about 12" in diameter and 24" long.  The flavor comes from
flavorings that are added to the shake base when your shake is mixed.

I used to work at Steak 'n' Shake when I was in high school....

Dan