I don't have any answers for you - just an observation. In finding the
leak in the wacher system on my '90 124, I found that the hose/wire
had been routed such that a large hole was abraided through the tube
and the center wire. I thought, "no problem" I'll just splice it, with
a short section of aluminum od copper tubing and solder the wores
together.
I found that the center wire is one of those extremely fine threads of
wire wrapped around something similar to fiberglass, not your usual
wire. Then it occured to me that the whole length of tubing had to be
heated, not just the nozzles! I ended up splicing the tubing, and
doing without heated nozzles/tubing.

I did see what appeared to be a temperature sensor at the end of the
tube just where it attaches to the washer fluid tank.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK