So, in an effort to diagnose and (hopefully) fix my OM603's excessive
blue smoking problem upon acceleration, I picked up a cheap rebuilt
350 SDL turbo on ebay ($150), thinking it might stem a source of oil
entering the intake stream--it didn't.  My recent compression test
didn't reveal any anomalous readings in any of the cyls, especially
#1, which had been thought to be a candidate for a breached chain
vault leak--it wasn't.  So, now I'm back to valve stem seals as the
prime culprit.  Anyone know who's the best tool source and brand name
for the valve spring compressor used to get at the seals while the
head is still installed?  I seem to remember Dave M saying to only use
MB stem seals.

Any other thoughts?

btw:  I was able to re-clock the turbo and significantly shorten my IC
plumbing, while installing a bigger breather setup.  I'll post pics
and a write up on Rusty's web forum.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (207k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (186K)