Yes. Weak point in front of #1 cylinder leaks oil into cylinder when it
blows. If you don't catch it soon enough it will bend the #1 connecting
rod. Can use dial gauge to measure distance pistons protrude from head at
top of stroke. You have to pull engine and transmission together, then
remove transmission to get to the bottom end.

Specifications during reassembly say to torque head bolts wet as I recall.

Dr. Booth was proponent of using Hylomar on the head gasket.

-Dave Walton