I don't have a 240D now, but I've been trying to find the component in question in the EPC; unsuccessful so far.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: <rdeaf...@aol.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:21 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Subject: Re: " Engine Vacuum Couple" Hose hookup 240D [2ndrequest]

I drove to my buddy's garage 30 miles away to stay overnite so that I
could
adjust my valves on a cold engine. I have a '83 240d. When I went to  hook
up the black vacuum plug, all the 5 nipples broke apart. I then had to
pull
the hoses out the plug to directly connect them to the vacuum lever  units
just so I could get home. I got a new black plastic "engine vacuum couple"
that goes on the top the valve cover. It still doesn't shift right.
Could someone forward me a picture of the correct vacuum hose setup
that  enters into the black rubber plug? There are 5 hose connections on
the
exterior side.[ 6 on the inside ].Again this is for a 240D setup. You could

send the pic offlist if you want.
Thanks for your help.........And Happy  Thanksgiving
everybody.........

Bob
1983 240d 196,500 mi

Can anyone help me out ??