thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins
Folks,

Lately my 300TD has been running well. I drove it down to Tybee Island, last weekend, dragging a trailer. It ran well. I moved a machine in Savannah, last week and returned the 240 miles to athens, last night. It was getting below 40 f by the time i was about an hour out of Athens, so i topped my WVO off with about 5 gals of #2, cheaply at $3.80/gal at I-20 and Thompson. It all ran well. I only saw 4 or 5 deer in about 5 hours of driving after dark. I hadn't gotten around to replacing my antifreeze (with the correct G05, of course) yet, since a blown off hose this summer, so i was running straight water (at 80c or so). When i got home, i pulled the lower radiator hose and dumped all the water on the ground since we were to have a low of something like 25F last night. When i did that, i noticed some fuel around the injectors and return lines.

This afternoon, i installed the new coolant. I also replaced a leaking return line on the #5 injector (that's the rear one?). I noticed two odd things.

First with the heat set in full hot (red on the wheel) and the button to the right of defrost pushed in, not only was the heater working, but the a/c compressor was also running .... odd. OFF on the climate control turns it off, but no other position seems to.

I just unplugged the power line to the compressor.

I have resoldered the climate control unit, but it was a few years back. A/C works fine, i used it this week in SAV.

ODD. Ideas?

More seriously, i noticed a dripping of fuel around the rear of the engine in the vicinity of the rear of the engine.

I didn't crawl under since i hurt my back moving the Ludlow Typograph in Sav. Is there likely to be a puddle of fuel somewhere or another place for things to leak. I checked the lines etc on the the side of the IP, but the drip is further back than that.

So this is my thanksgiving travel report. I hope y'all had successful trips
www.javaphoto.com
www.javacycles.com
LETTERPRESSES FOR SALE
www.ricktheprinter.com