Don't these engines have a bolt in the head to 'burp' the engine, my M103 has one that needs to be undone whilst filling with coolant.

Hendrik
who is self burping

On 25/11/12 17:32, Jim Cathey wrote:
What happened?

Air bubble, big one.  My method is to pour the coolant
into the tank, pull off the upper radiator hose and
backfill water into the system until it's pouring out
over my hand which is holding the bottom of the hose
against the bottom of the radiator neck, but leaving
a crack at the top into which to pour water.  Then I
jam the hose on and tighten it up.

That gets rid of all the air, but what spills out is
all water since the coolant hasn't really mixed yet.

-- Jim