Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 05:10:45 -0500
From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Lenovo T-61

Grandson gave me a Lenovo T-61 he used through 4 years of college.  No p/w
is available so he said I'll have to wipe the hd and load my own os on it.
My copy of WinXP started loading from a CD but stopped because it could not
find any hd's?
I would guess this is a security feature installed by the university?
Can someone suggest a way to wipe the hd so I can install my copy of winxp?

When I access the boot menu it provides a choice of the following:
1. atapi cdo: matshitadvd ram uj-86
4. ata hddo: fujitsu mh22160bh g1
5. pci lan: iba ge slot 00c8 v124
(enter setup)

After entering BIOS setup utility I get a choice of the following:

config
security
startup
restart
HDD diagnostic program

and then a list of hardware data.

I went to "startup" and changed the order with the cd starting first.  That
allowed my winxp disc to boot until it stopped because it could not find the
hd.
The hdd diagnostic program takes one minute per gig.  Since the installed os
boots up every time without problems, I didn't run it.
Thanks,
Gerry