> ...Bugatti Atlantic coupe? Are you sure? Only four were built. Ralph
> Lauren owns one. One sold about two years ago for around 40 million dollars!..

I had seen the car in his garage here in Seattle and he sold it to someone
in the UK who didn't pay so he had to go over there and collect. The problem
with the car was the color combination which was two tone gray whioch
reduced it's value a bit but I think it sold for $1.6 mil at the time.

Just today I was glancing at some photos of Bill Harrah's Atalante taken at
Pebble Beach long ago. His new bride (50 years or so younger as I recall)
is also in the photos. The car was two shades of yellow. He died later that
year due to a heart problem.

I have never heard the number of four produced before.

At another time at the Pebble Beach Concours, every remaining Royale was
present in front of the club house, not judged but on display.

RLE