That was probably a later model then ours. I think it was something like late 50's early 60's. Tan two door. I think I still have a couple of the status lights from the dash around somewhere. I remember getting to drive it a couple of times under supervision. I think I would have liked it better if it had a floor shifter.

Manfred

Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 14:38:21 -0500
From: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes Digest, Vol 86, Issue 17

Mom's Kadette had a floor shifter. As I recall it (and we all know how those childhood memories can be distorted as time goes on) was really, really long. The car was a light blue and had rubber floor mats. That's about all I remember about it.

Mom loved driving a stick shift, and thrashed the heck out of that car.

My Dad was an exec for a division of GM at the time, and the execs were always getting cars from GM's failed efforts at importing. For example, the car that preceded the Opel Kadette was a Vauxhall wagon....

Dan